Re: [NTLK] I am a moron. Let me share!!!

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 11:57:48 EST

Loren,

Don't feel bad, you are not the first to have this "problem". I suspect
that you have one of our old NuShields as we used film with the blue
masking on it, the Barrier's was clear as I recall. The blue was
specified so that it would be obvious if you didn't remove it! Not
obvious enough, I guess. It may interest you to know that our new
versions of NuShield are now scratch protected on BOTH sides so no
masking film is needed. We always strive to make our products "fool
proof".

>Here is a pretty impressive blunder on my part.
>My primary MP doesn't have a barrier because the screen was already fairly
>well scratched up when the Barrier first came out, and I found the plastic
>dimmed the screen significantly. In fact, when using the Barrier I pretty
>much needed to have the backlight on all the time. But I felt protecting
>the backup newton was important enough to keep one on it.

>Well, I guess it never occurred to me to read the instructions before,
>because I just noticed for the first time (after being a 5 1/2 year Newton
>owner) that step one in the Barrier instructions is to remove the blue
>plastic that protects the Barrier.
>
>Yes folks, that's right. I spent years using a barrier that still had that
>extra blue layer on it.
>
>Just thought you might all share in the amusement.
>
>Your friend & neighborhood idiot,
>Loren

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com