[NTLK] English dictionary with phonetic spelling / phonetic keyboard add-on? / teach German MP English

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 12:01:01 EST

Hello List,

Three problems today:

1) I'm in search for an English dictionary that will also display the
phonetic spelling.
Lextionary is fine (no, it's great!), but it lacks just that particular
feature...
The dictionary should not exceed 5MB, if possible.

2) I also wonder if there may be a keyboard add-on or something similar with
phonetic symbols.
My problem is, that I'm still way too slow writing phonetics, so I loose a
lot of time in the seminars, and the Newton can't translate the results, of
course.

3) IIRC, Paul did some extensions for the Newton's built-in dictionary, to
teach it languages other then English. I wonder if anybody made something
like that to actually teach the Newt *English*, as mine is German.

Any hints are most welcome!

Regards,

Oliver :)

--
Darn you Apple!  How could you make such a device as to cause heads to
turn 3 years after you discontinued it!