Re: [NTLK] English dictionary with phonetic spelling / phonetic keyboard add-on? / teach German MP English

From: Markus Rasch (m.rasch_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 12:46:26 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor Rehorst" <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] English dictionary with phonetic spelling / phonetic keyboard add-on?
/ teach German MP English

> > 3) IIRC, Paul did some extensions for the Newton's built-in dictionary, to
> > teach it languages other then English. I wonder if anybody made something
> > like that to actually teach the Newt *English*, as mine is German.
>
> I guess what would have to be done is to build a "DictEN" and then use
> DictMgr to use it...

Hm, I was thinking of that myself, but on Paul's page it says:

DictMgr 1.1b6-en, Dictionary Manager to disable system dictionaries and handle several
user dictionaries.

But I would prefer an additional installed dictionary, not to disable the internal. So
that my german MP will understand german AND english.

Markus

PS: By the way I am new to this list, so hello everyone!