Re: [NTLK] Offline electronic newspaper functionality requested

From: Steven Scotten (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 08:02:32 EST

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 05:49:29AM -0500, Mark Rollins wrote:

> From: Sune Lilbęk <sune_at_hsk.dk>
> Subject: [NTLK] Offline electronic newspaper functionality requested
>
> Not as seamless as AvantGo, but if you had an ethernet card (for speed)
> you could browse sites each morning that you've bookmarked in NewtsCape.
> NewtsCape will then create stand-alone books of the pages. You can then
> browse these at your leisure.

Waitaminnit, I think I need more instructions.

First, When I try to browse the sites that NewtsCape has scheduled (I watched
it do the automatic scheduled download) it prompts me to connect to the
Internet. If I cancel the Internet connection slip, no document comes up.

This doesn't bother me too much, as I've seen it work and figure I must just
be doing something wrong.

What made my ears perk up here was: Newtscape will create standalone books
of these pages? How do I get it to do that? That's amazing! I want it!

Are you serious????? NewtsCape will actually download the content and make
standalone books each and every day without my intervention?

I MUST make this happen. That's too cool.

PLEASE provide more info.

Steve