[NTLK] I'm Back!!

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 13:57:27 EST

Dear Friends,

After much deliberation, I have decided to return.

My recent departure, though abrupt, was necessary.
The details are private although nothing to do with
being sued as some have suggested.

I will be creating another batch of SER-001's.
They will be redesigned to address the issues that some
of you have experienced.

This will include:

More robust internal connector.
Countersunk holes.
All components on bottom side.

I am also experimenting with a method of changing the clock
speed, on the fly, to facilitate serial comms. Basically,
the clock will automatically switch to 'normal' speed for
the duration of the comms, then revert back to 'turbo' without
user intervention. The details have yet to be worked out.

Unfortunately, this would mean removing the crystal from the
main logic board and soldering wires to various points.
Piece of cake for Dr. Newton etc. but a problem for the
average user.

I really like the idea of making just one board. So, perhaps
I could make an SER-001 with the additional circuitry not populated.
It would work just as all the others out there. Or I could
populate fully and call it an SER-001+.

Please, let me know what you think.

As far as my website goes, it is back up in a limited fashion.
I am working on a better one (as soon as my FP2000 skills are honed).

If anyone needs some mounting screws then give me a shout.
Victor, I know you do!

Regards,

PCBman