Re: [NTLK] Anybody going wireless?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 14:31:55 EST

> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 02:38:16 +0900
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Anybody going wireless?
> From: BK <bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
>
> I even carry an
> Airport with me on extended business trips and hook it up in the hotel
> so I can roam about with my iBook

Sounds reasonable... excuse me, I have to put up my base here... *g*

> Have you asked Noguchi-san about this ? He may be able to give you a few
> clues.

Not yet. Is he on the list?

>> My need for this connection also doubles every day, as the Newt is
>> getting
>> more use then ever since I'm back on campus. I'm importing and exporting
>> files like mad, and the ethernet-cable is a horrible hassle if the rest
>> of
>> the house is connected wirelessly.
>
> Yeah, it's addictive isn't it ?! :-)

I would not want to have any portable without it anymore.
It adds a whole new quality to the way I use my computer and how I organize
my time.
Okay, sometimes it just means that I can fool around online during the
commercial breaks, but on monday, I managed to do a full research for one of
my lectures, two texts, imported one via cilpboard-pasting, made a
NewtonBook of the other and pumped it into the Newton, all within the five
minutes between Sabrina and the Simpsons while having a snack on the carpet
(all new, and the cat still respects it...).

Oliver ;)

--
A:Isn't this practice also known as "percussive maintenance"?
B:No, I just had to kick something.