Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 16:30:24 EST

On 11/29/01 4:23 PM, "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com> wrote:

> at the temporal coordinates: 11/29/01 4:11 PM, the entity known as Laurent
> Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com conveyed the following:
>

>> On 11/29/01 3:58 PM, "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com> wrote:
>>
>>> at the temporal coordinates: 11/29/01 3:48 PM, the entity known as James
>>> Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com conveyed the following:

>>> Actually, I just went to that article and it appeared to my reading that an
>>> OS 8.1 could NOT use it, at least not w/o going to 'heroic' measures.
>>>
>>> My plan right now is to dust off my 33.6 modem, load the s/w on one of my
>>> machines and just use the AOL account. If the shutdown appears it will be
>>> long/permanent, I'll probably get EarthLink DSL. Unless anyone in the
>>> DC/NoVA area knows of a reason not to go with them, that is... My quick
>>> research (based on the Washington Post's page that presents all the local
>>> DSL providers) is that they appear to have the best deal. And, apparently
>>> my neighborhood *can* get DSL now.
>>>
>>> BTW, anyone have any favorite e-mail aliasing/forwarding providers to
>>> recommend??
>>
>> Eric,
>>
>> Don't know where you are actually in the NoVA/DC area, but I'm in Herndon
>> and I'm subscribed to Cox Cable service. They have a decent price of $29.95
>> a month and so far, their service is quite good. Goes offline from time to
>> time, but they usually fix it pretty quickly.
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> Ummm... The original reason for this thread is that Comcast (I'm in Prince
> William County) is part of @Home, which is trying to muscle the cable
> companies into a more favorable bankruptcy settlement by trying to have the
> judge allow a shutdown of the @Home system. I thought Cox Cable was ALSO
> using @Home as the ISP.

Cox is using Turner's RoadRunner. Didn't know you were in Prince Williams...

-Laurent.

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.