Re: [NTLK] Higher sampling rate

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 09:03:21 EDT

> But isn't that because those platforms are what they already have
> drivers for? I understand that were this to work, it'd have to
> be developed literally from the ground up. The question isn't
> initially from a software perspective, but rather can the hardware
> even communicate? IF it can, then at least the dream of it happening
> isn't totally lost. I know, realistically, it probably won't ever
> happen. But then again, realistically, it was never thought that
> we'd lose the dongle or have ATA access.
The question is, wheter the PCMCIA DAQ cards are compatible with the Newton
bus. There will be some which habe higher power consumption which as it will
drain the Newton accu to much. But if they follow the PCMCIA standard it
shouldn't be a problem. What I could do, is to contact NI and go there with
a Newton and at least check what error msg comes on insertion.

I would also love to have something like LabVIEW for the Newton. Not for
remote control of scopes or DAQ but for normal graphical programming.
However, it would probably require to much computing power, but would allow
much more efficient programming than any textual language.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing