Re: [NTLK] New Newton AC adapters cheap

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 11:08:55 EDT

on 10/10/01 10:52 AM, Brian at bmcewen_at_mediaone.net wrote:

>> hope this link works
>>
>> http://shop.auctionwatch.com/electronicdiscountsales/buynow.html?src=usearch&
>> by
>> n_luid=01shop00000000000007144912XX
>
> Just as an aside, if you put a < > around the text of a long URL it helps
> many email clients "notice" that the whole thing is meant to be one link,
> even if it gets wrapped.
>
> Is $26 cheap for the basic MP1x0 adapter these days? ($19.95 + 5.50
> "insurance" and not counting shipping? I've not priced them for a while.
> wow, if so....

The original price for the latest revision of the adapter was $19.95 from
Apple. Now, you need to remember that the original adapter will power any
Newton, but will take significantly longer to recharge your NiMH battery
pack in your MP2x00 or eMate (longer like a few hours as opposed to less
than one hour with the latest adapter revision).

That being said, it's a good deal for MP1x0 users out there, but I won't get
one, since I have 2 MP2100 and 1 eMate now.

-Laurent.

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).