Re: [NTLK] Opening NTK

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 15:47:12 EDT

on 10/11/01 3:39 PM, Edward Cheung at edwardcheung_at_mac.com wrote:

> Even with Sherlock, it is no where to been seen, but anyway thanks
> Ed
>
> On Friday, October 12, 2001, at 02:22 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>

>> on 10/11/01 2:23 PM, Edward Cheung at edwardcheung_at_mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> I was trying to open NTK, but a message came out saying,
>>> "Could not launch Newton Tookit because the "Platforms" folder could
>>> not
>>> be found in the NTK Folder"
>>>
>>> Seeing this, I downloaded the 2.1_platform folder from Unna, and now
>>> where should I put this folder? I don't see a NTK Folder, All I see
>>> is a
>>> NTK ICON.
>>
>> Do a search with Sherlock for "Newton Toolkit". You should be able to
>> find
>> it...

OK, lets see here. What is this "NTK ICON" you're talking about? I would
guess it's an alias to the real application. If you click once on it, then
check in the "File" menu, in the Finder, is there an option saying "Show
original" or something like that? If so, select this and the Finder should
open the folder that contains the original to where this alias points to. If
not, you would have to tell us what you're doing that bring up this error
message you're getting...

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.