[NTLK] WTC sympathy

From: String Powered Productions (toas_at_microtech.com.au)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 02:32:33 EDT

Deepest and most heartfelt sympathy from all of us here in Aussie to all the
residents of the USA, affected or otherwise by this shocking disaster.

The entire world has literally ground to a halt in disbelief... In this list
alone I have read sympathy notes from all corners of the globe. It is tragic
that our feelings toward one another as fellow human beings are truly only
expressed in times of loss and tragedy.

Laurent and Mike. You have both expressed my viewpoints on retalliation,
violence and non-action. Thankyou.

I have in the space of an hour received so many emails about the WTC
disaster...some heartwarming, some callouse. There is black humour floating
around on this topic already...that saddens me. This is NOT a movie...though
in these sad days it can be hard for people to take reality seriously.

I have considered the USA to be one of the best prepared countries in the
world for terrorism and acts of war....but these extremists have declared
war upon the freedom of the USA with only knives! Turning the countries own
civilian transports into weapons of mass destruction.

Where can we run when things get to that stage! We, as a people of our
planet, need to embrace one another, and be there for each other in whatever
way we can. The balance of peace is again brought to the brink. Let us pray
with all our hearts that we, as a world do not descend into war again....we
have learnt that lesson many times. Pray that those responsible feel the
wrath of retaliation, and that it can end..once and for all. Pray that the
innocent people of this planet can live their daily routines in safety. Pray
for all the souls lost and hurt by this act.

I cannot truly bring words to the anger, fear, and horror I feel right now.
I am blessed by being a part of at least this list...a place where all our
nations co-operate for the one goal.

Peace be with you all.

Bill