Re: [NTLK] Deepest sympathy for the assassinated

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 08:27:13 EDT

> Obviously, you have not been paying attention to history. If people believe
> actions have no consequences, then they will continue to take them. To *not*
> retaliate is to invite additional and larger terrorists plots. To *not*
> punish the individuals and/or states that were involved only increases the
> likelihood of more innocent deaths. That is unacceptable.
>
> President Bush has my blessing to take whatever actions he deems necessary
> to protect the citizens of the U.S. and our allies around the world.
>
> John Del Pizzo

dear john,

it is not about not taking consequences - lets face it: we dont need more
killings after what happened already. terrorism is evil, but just think - do
we really really want an international escalation of this violence? i think
not. bush will not get my blessing for an act of revenge. lets hope that
this terrible deed will not result in an international bigger-scale
conflict.

i am terified to hear powell on CNN, when he declares that not only the
terrorists but also the ones who hosted them will be severely punished. this
may result in a world conflict.

>- 4th: This is not a matter of revenge. It is a matter of survival.
>Unless we do more to combat terrorism, events such as this will continue
>to happen throughout the world. In this case, we need to make a
>statement (And I don't mean verbal) that we will not tolerate it in any
>shape or form. Remember, any of us could be the next victim, regardless
>of where we live, work, play, etc. We cannot allow the world to become
>victimized by terrorist groups such as what happened today.

dear sushi,

it is definately NOT a matter of making *statements* here, as you write.
terrorism is not to be tolerated, but you just cant respond with similar
measures - look at israel/palestines, even if thay say its a matter of
survival, i guess there are "more people dying than surviving". violence
cant be the long term solution.

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_karmatic.com