Re: [NTLK] PPPoE->Localtalk->MP130??

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 15:57:11 EDT

>route a Mac's IP connection to a Newt through localtalk cables? Nice!
>
>Here's my basic setup.
>Basic MP130 (with NIE 1.1)
>PMac 7300 (two GeoPorts) on MacOS9.1
>PPPoE service with custom manager (PPP server sends IP number, no DHCP...)
>
>Now, I tried IPNetRouter briefly and I'm not exactly sure I
>understand how it works in this case. Am I trying to get my Mac to
>work as a PPP server to which the Newt connects through the localtalk
>cable?

Look in the IPNR stuff under "MacIP". Did you see the step by step I
forwarded? Yesterday? Take a look. there weren't THAT many posts
yesterday. I can't test it yet as I need to downgrade to OS 8.x. Oops,
you will have too, also. MacIP is not possible with OS9.x.

There's another potential issue with IPNR, too, and the how-to may be
wrong, but I'm not going to post about it any more until I either hear more
from Tom or get a chance to test it myself.

And, no one had better post a reply to this saying "TCP/IP works fine with
OS9, I use it all the time". I'll give up on the human race if that
happens......