Re: [NTLK] Wood you? Could you, stand a Newt? (was "OK, it's cute but, what is it?")

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 00:39:35 EST

Like the stand...wish I were more creative with
organic materials...;-]

Mind a few suggestions? And then it's ready for
mass-production (you are prepared, aren't you?)
Shape the groove at the bottom to fit the conturs of
the curve on the Newt, plus put felt in the cradle to
swath the Newt in comfort (my personal favorite is
UltraSuede) Then put a silicon rubber strip on the
upper end (clear would be best) to prevent the Newt
from sliding off of the stand.
And, oh...I don't know...perhaps an emergency wheelie
bar in the back to prevent the whole thing from
tipping over backwards during a particularly rousing
game of Jig?
I'm sure that you already getting requests...

btw, about that logo...did you freehand it or is it
stencilled?

Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- David Busey <im-wired_at_attbi.com> wrote:

> Yes gang, it is a stand for my 2100 and for all of
> you who guessed *ASH* as
> the type of wood, Congratulations! That is correct.
>
> For the rest of you who submitted the totally
> entertaining answers spoofing
> what it could be used for; my sides ache! Thank
> you! That made it more fun
> than I had hoped. Some of you are pretty darned
> creative... others of you
> are simply warped!
>
> Some of you asked how the logo was done. It is not
> magic marker or some kind
> of transfer. It is actually burned into the wood
> with the heated tip of a
> simple tool that looks like a soldering iron. I use
> a special tip screwed in
> for the specific purpose of burning designs or
> writing on wood.

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.