[NTLK] e-Mate Hell UPDATE

From: Ryan Dorman (rwdorman_at_marauder.millersville.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 18:21:58 EST

Hi-

 After earing rom you all that my eMate was prolly more in need of a
priest then a doctor I decided to poke around a bit on the inside of the
beast to see if i coudl get it to do anything. Well, the battery pack waw
not acatly replaced in a "professional manner" the cells were not soldered
together they were just wrapped in packing tape and have the leads
soldered directly to the ends of the cells (no solder tabs). The temp
thing that sticks on to the opposuite end as the leads looks rpetty
bitched up as well. BUT, the good paryt is, with the battery unplugged
the eMate doesn't have the restart problem. So, should i refurbish the
batt pack using hte instructions i found online? How can i tell if the
temp sticker thingy is bad? If it is bad, can i replace it (is it THAT
nessicary?) Also the S_P_O_T (silvery piece of tape) is also missing...
can i get more of that? will bad things happen if i dont have it. Do you
think that the error (4) was realted to THAT battery pack or have i fried
the battery circutry? I know that is a lot fo questiosn but i think you
see the gist of my thinking. Any addidtional help you may have woudl be
greatly appriciated.

Ryan Dorman
rdorman_at_321.net