Re: [NTLK] [OT] Looking for cheap ISP

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 11:14:23 EST

On 11/02/02 11:04, "Mark Fellows" <mdfellows_at_attbi.com> wrote:

> First you might want to verify that you _will_ be able to access your
> email while off-cable. I'm on AT&T Broadband and can only download POP
> mail using an SSL connection while off the cable network -- even though
> I'm using AT&T WorldNet to dial in. I can't send mail at all while
> dialing in. AT&T's only recommendation is to use their HTML interface
> when traveling.
>
> - Mark
>

>> So, I'm looking for suggestion on an ISP that will allow me
>> to dial in and get access to my mail. It doesn't have to
>> include some disk space on the ISP's servers, just a local
>> phone number for access.

Thanks, Mark. I am. Cox/RoadRunner is teamed up with allnva.com for
web-based email, when you're on the go. The stupid thing is that they
provide you with internet access, but they fail completely to address that
issue if I'm not at home. How good does accessing email from a browser is to
me if I can't connect to the internet?

-Laurent.

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild
pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the
malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is
sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal
machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it
incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage.
Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted.
See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory
smash, overrun screw, core.