Re: [NTLK] 32MB cards

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 19:30:22 EST

on 11/02/02 18:26, Luiz Petroni at lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br wrote:

>> I believe that the maximum memory that you can access via Linear Flash
>> memory on a Newt 2000/2100 is 64MB. However, I've never seen a card that
>> big. The most that I've seen is 32MB. Anybody else?
>
> I've been looking for a 64MB Linear Flash but was unable to find. Nothing on
> computer retailers or even on ebay.
>

>> With Paul's ATA driver, when it is complete, you will be able to access
>> ATA cards. ATA cards have bigger capacities and are much cheaper.
>>
>> Personally, I am eagerly awaiting his ATA driver and have 3 256MB CF ATA
>> cards ready to use.
>>

> This leads to another question.
> Would be NOS able to address and properly save/retrieve info on a 256MB
> memory card?

Probably not. I think that Paul Guyot already mentioned that the limit is
64MB, so ATA cards larger than that would appear as multiple cards/stores on
your Newton.

-Laurent.

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."