Re: [NTLK] transporting your 2100

From: Markus Stöbe (mstoebe_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 02:08:14 EST

>David,
>
>> So how do you carry your 2100 around?
>
>I mainly use the leather Newton zip case, originally designed for the
>110/120/130 but I use it with my uMP2K. This required a modification to the
>strap that retains the Newt at the bottom: I unstitched the strap on the
>left side and stiched in an elastic panel about 20mm long. On the right side
>I kept the velcro fastener. The fit is perfect and the Newt is nicely padded
>and it lets me keep a spare stylus, pen and pencil and some papers in the
>opposite flap. I don't use the screen flap in the this case or generally.

That sort of case (the small Apple-Leather-Case in Filofax-style
w/out the phone-pouch) is what I like best. Sad thing though is, that
I cant find one again. The take almost insanly high prizes for this
at ebay :-(

BUT...what I wanted to say is: Dont put your Newt in taht case
without the Flap! My dear old first MP2k got the screen cracked by
this (RIP)!!! *This* was a really awfull day! So...I would never ever
risk this again ;*) ...but of course...ymmv!

Ciao,
Markus.

--
                   '''