[NTLK] transporting your 2100

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 10:55:48 EST

David,

> So how do you carry your 2100 around?

I mainly use the leather Newton zip case, originally designed for the
110/120/130 but I use it with my uMP2K. This required a modification to the
strap that retains the Newt at the bottom: I unstitched the strap on the
left side and stiched in an elastic panel about 20mm long. On the right side
I kept the velcro fastener. The fit is perfect and the Newt is nicely padded
and it lets me keep a spare stylus, pen and pencil and some papers in the
opposite flap. I don't use the screen flap in the this case or generally.

This is not to be confused with the communications case which was bigger and
has a pouch on the front for a mobile.

I have a spare one of these which I would gladly swap for another
110/120/130 leather case.

If I'm going to be walking or standing - say at an exhibition or shopping I
also use a smart black leather bum-bag I cajolled from a friend which just
fits the uMP2K. I replace the screen flap in this mode.

Joel.