Re: [NTLK] Crack repair for newton case plastic?

From: André Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 03:41:24 EST

William R. Dickson wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>My 2100 arrived in very good shape, but there is one small crack in the
>case right by the stylus socket. Is there any kind of plastic cement
>that'll work to sort of weld that together?

I don't know if there is anything that you can use to repair it but I
woul probably say don't worry. I've had a crack in the same place ever
since I dropped my newt shortly after I got it (I know, I shoulda had a
case, but the "little" guy survived!) and it has not caused any
problems. When I got my new 2k I decided to switch cases with the new
one. Even when I had the newt taken apart the case showed no sign of
weakness. Now I guess it would be different if the part with the crack
is just barely holding on, but I doubt this would be the case, if it's
solid, don't worry.

André