Re: [NTLK] notes 2 works 2 PC

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 12:42:31 EST

>On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Brian wrote:
>
>> You can export notes and sketches to ASCII, or to MS Word RTF (or regular
>> RTF as well, which would be smaller if you have lots of ink text/sketches).
>> Exporting an outline preserves the indentations.
>
>wow, how do you get the sketches in ASCII?

Poor sentence structure on my part, is how :)

Notes (text only) -> ASCII or RTF OR

Note with sketch or sketch alone -> RTF.

BTW:
I did recheck the NCU export and with 2100, NCU (Mac), export of either all
notes, or a selected note as RTF (using the note choice that is NOT
text-only) I did get all notes with or without outline format and sketches
to come out just fine as RTF with one caveat. So yours *should* work. I
didn't route anything to Works.

At least for me, sketches and ink text had to be made with the smallest pen
point to come out without some clipping at top and bottom when using Word98
(Mac). I usually use one step bigger than that.

Xport is way cool anyway, and BTW for me at least (on a P900 and P600) lets
me install/remove packages and export items without having to run Slowdown.
Still my first choice for the way I use the Newt ( also, I like being able
to route xported items to the outbox for later xfer to desktop).