Re: [NTLK] eMate troubles - Help, please

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 11:05:35 EST

On 25/01/02 10:54, "Terry_Fischer_at_bc.com" <Terry_Fischer_at_bc.com> wrote:

> Joel, my eMate's screen will ocasionally get horizontal 'stripes' on
> only the right half of the display. Is this a sign of the ribbon cable
> going bad? I'd like to receive your fix details as well please.

That's exactly it! Beware! Your display cable is about to give up. I can't
provide you any fix, and it might be a little late to fix it, unfortunately.
Hopefully, Joel will be able to help.

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.