[NTLK] Connecting MPs with localtalk

From: Mike Hamende (mhamende_at_tsl.state.tx.us)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:56:36 EST

I am Linux and windows when I hafta kind a guy, so please excuse my MAC
ignorance, but Newtons are very cool.

In reading the FAQs and the list archives, as well as talking to some
local MAC folk, I have some to believe you could connect x number of
Newts together using those localtalk dongle things that have the Newt
serial on one end and a box with phone jacks in the other.

Is this true?

Plug the localtalk thing into the serial port and a phone line into the
other and chain some newts into a network?

Pointers to specifics are most welcome.

Thanks.

Mike