Re: [NTLK] OT Re: Dot-mac overpriced - glee in the lawyers' eyes..

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 01:29:50 EDT

I agree that what Apple has done with .Mac is disgraceful. This is the=20=

address I have used to subscribe to every service, and given to every=20
friend, since iTools debuted (yes, I actually made my account that day).=20=

And now, in order to keep that address, I have to pay? And this is=20
equally true for my webpage URL. It is extortion.

Not to mention, iTools was never really a free service like Yahoo or=20
Hotmail to begin with. You had to have a Mac (running OS 9 or later) to=20=

use it. I always thought that when I paid for OS 9 and OS X, for=20
example, that part of what I was buying was access to iTools. And, many=20=

of Apple's "free" iApps, like iPhoto, will be crippled without access to=20=

iTools.

My only hope is that the massive negative reaction will convince Apple=20=

to change its mind. If you want to send Apple feedback about .Mac, visit=20=

my website at (irony of ironies) http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj. There=20=

is a direct link there to the feedback page.

sj

PS- I also agree with what I think Paul said about 10.2. I actually feel=20=

okay about paying for this. 10.1 was free because it included nothing=20
but bug fixes and "new" features that were necessary to make computers=20=

usable under the new OS. 10.2 contains NEW features that never existed=20=

in OS 9.