[NTLK] Alternatives to Newton? (Ipaq isnīt!)

From: Hagen Lang (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 15:32:22 EDT

Well,
my feeling that my Newton 2100 was somewhat
"lacking modern features" and itīs problems with
exchanging RTFs properly and the connection
to PIMs tempted me to look around a bit.
It did change though when I read the unbelieveable
bug list in
www.ipaqpetition.com/petition/index.htm.
I especially like that one: After listing 35 defects of the
Ipaq itself they state that
"The above lists of issues do not include additional
issues that are present in the Microsoft PocketPC 2000
and PocketPC 2002 operating systems. There are dozens
of additional issues in the operating systems."

Besides the Newtonīs problems with exchanging RTFs
properly and the connection to PIMs, there is not much
for me to complain about and these seem to be minor
issues compared to what Ipaq owners have to suffer from.
Has anyone to make serious proposals for a Newton-
replacement (ok, might be a rethorical question, with the
answer: No.) ?

Regards

H.Lang