Re: [NTLK] about wireless networks and the newton

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 00:59:58 EDT

on 28/07/02 04:12, Bernie A. Goltermann at bagoltermann_at_ksaits.com wrote:

>> Don't know about that wireless router. FYI, I'm using an Apple AirPort Base
>> Station with a Lucent/Agere ORiNOCO Silver card in my Newton and that seems
>> to work fine, except that I can't access any AppleTalk services that are
>> accessed through my LocalTalk-Ethernet router.
>>
>> -Laurent.
>>
> I have the same setup. I can't get my newt to connect to my desktop G4.
> When I switch over to an ethernet card on the newt I connect just fine.
> Can you connect with your setup? If so I need to investigate and ask
> you some questions...

I think I've tried it and I was able to make a connection. I would have to
try it again to make sure, though... Not sure I will have the time before a
couple of weeks, since I'm going in vacation for 2 weeks tomorrow and it't a
bit late tonight...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish `faschistisch').