[NTLK] ALL CAPS

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde_at_plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 15:09:57 EDT

>ALL CAPS means shouting.

Surely this is recent convention. Telegrams used to be all caps. So
did the first computers I used, via teletypes and then dumb terminals.

>It also makes your messages much harder to read.

This is certainly true. But so do no-caps, which receive many fewer
flames, and no-punctuation, and raw HTML, which I get far too often
(though not on this list, thanks, Victor).

Common-sense guideline: you are trying to communicate. Make sure your
audience gets the content and isn't turned off by the form. --PR