Re: [NTLK] NIMH AA battery level

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 03:20:58 EDT

The first question is which Newt model you use.
Second the Newt needs to "know" that there are rechargeables in.
The MP 120 can determine that by means of a little switch in the battery
compartment, for the MP2x00 you need to modify the battery tray in order to
get the rechargeables recognized.
If the rechargeables are recognized, the standard display of the charge
level is not too bad, but you need some experience to interprete it right.
There are packages for the MP2x00 series logging the "ON" time of your Newt
taking into account if the backlight is on or off. This would give you the
best indication how long your Newt will run on a particular battery.

Johannes