Re: [NTLK] SER-001 - Thanks!

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 17:49:22 EDT

on 22-06-2002 5:37, machula at barpoes_at_xs4all.nl wrote:

> Is there an experienced "Peter" in this neighbourhood who can open up
> my newt when I get that SER-001 thingie? Im in Amsterdam, in de
> Jordaan...

I haven't opened a 2x00 yet, but I'm pretty good at opening things and
putting them together again, so I would be willing to do it.

I could even try on my extra 2000U first, was going to do the chrystal thing
after the summer, but now I'm waiting for ed to come up with another part
number :-(

And Barb, don't know if you know this (and the other users from Holland that
have suddenly showed up on this list over the past few months) but there's
also a Dutch Newton mailing list.
It's very quit, so easy to handle together with NewtonTalk ;-)
Subscription etc. on:

So maybe we can organize a nice Dutch Newton User Group meeting while
cracking open your Newton (I know there's one person on there that recently
did the dongle killer trick of Marco, but that one is definitely not for the
faint of hart, so wouldn't be so great over a Pizza dinner ;-)

Marco (very hard to solder) solution is on
http://newted.dyndns.org/users/mmailand/www/DK/DK.html

Robert Benschop