Re: [NTLK] Relationship between Notes email stationary and Inbox

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 16:41:26 EDT

on 6/29/02 10:21 PM, Jim Witte at jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us wrote:

> This is the first time I've used Eudora to actuall compose mail,
> and I'm a bit confused..

The Eudora stationery is merely that--stationery in the Notepad. It's
designed to simplify the addressing of email. In other words, you don't have
to wait until you mail in order to address it. The outbox is merely what it
says--a holding tray until it's sent. The default of the outbox is to delete
items once they have been sent. Everything that you can transport in the
Newton goes through the outbox--email, faxes, printing, beams, Twerx, etc.
Since the Outbox is supposed to be transitory, it's not intended to be a
filing mechanism. You should use your notes for that, if you wish to archive
or keep a record of email you sent. I suppose I would also recommend using
Notes to store received emails you wish to keep, rather than the inbox. You
don't need to use the Eudora stationery. It merely makes addressing simpler.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland