Re: [NTLK] Harry Potter books

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 09:03:18 EST

> I think the legal liability lies with the distributor, not with the
> posessor. So if you download LORD OF THE RINGS, it's Gadgetguru that
> risks civil/criminal liabilities, not you.
This was the point of my vallium analogy, your both guilty. Intent to
distribute and possession of a controlled (by copyright) substance! :-)
HAHAHAHA
I deal with copyrights EVERYDAY in my work as a photographer. A large
portion of my business are images in textbooks. I license these images to
textbook companies for publication in books, CD, ebooks and web.
We have gone over this WAY too much.
On this list, the rule is...
You can steal books, steal pictures for backgrounds, steal music for mp3,
but NEVER, and I mean NEVER steal NEWTON software.
:-)
©Don