Re: [NTLK] Newt parts @ Sun Remarketing

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 09:32:35 EST

> > It does sound intersting as my MP120 has developed a humming sound
> > whenever it is turned on (and since there is no backlight it cannot be
> > attributed). Thus I am worrying about my MP120 and have thought of
getting
> > a backup, yet $140 is a bit much.
>
> It's none of my business of course, but if you can get a good 2100 for the
> same price, why even contemplate a 130 ?
>

> Robert Benschop

Hello Robert,

  Yes, I agree which is just another reason why I think $140 is a bit much
for an MP130. However I would like to possibly replace my MP120 (especially
if the humming/buzzing sound it is doing when on is an indication that
problems are occurring) with an MP130 (due to backlight and memory increase
over the MP120) since I can actually carry this size model(s) in most of my
pockets, albeit some a bit tightly. :-) And, while I adore my uMP2000 I
generally use this machine for school and business, while my MP120 is for
everyday address/phone numbers, appointments, and relaxation.

  I felt the current eBay prices I see for MP130's of ~$40-70 US, depending
on what comes with it, was fair.

  I hope you have been well, my friend.

Always,

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110