Re: [NTLK] MP2x00 Display Upgrade - latest update

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 17:54:39 EST

I don't know exactly why they selected green, but the main factor was
probably the power budget.

If you run a device off of batteries, you want the most light you can get
for the least amount of power. Green EL backlights do that. However, using
Apple seems to have gone a bit off the deep end. I've often tried to operate
a new MP2x00 in a dark room and been blasted by the backlight. Sometimes it
would be nice to have a dimming function!