Re: [NTLK] Re - Draining batteries

From: Jochen Schäfer (js.josch_at_gmx.de)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 08:51:44 EDT

On Thu, 2 May 2002 12:53:32 +0200, Marco Mailand wrote:

>> Granted. But my Idler app wasn't designed to do that. It's just a nice
>> side effect.
>Okay, there are two applications which don't let the Newton go to sleep
>until the accu is drained below whatever level. I would appreciate if we
No, you got that completely wrong. If your Newt has a power down time,
it WILL power down although Idler is running.
All Idler should do is keep the display of MP120 alive. That's all.
Nothing more, nothing less. But in the matter of things lies the
problem that Idler makes your power comsumption a (litte?) bit higher.

>could improve this a bit further and monitor the accu voltage as it goes
>down. Also a long term history would be nice to have or a threshold template
>set which would tell how an accu fits in or what capacity it has. If BattLog
>or/and Idler where able to capture the current the program could easily
>calculate the charge taken from the accu and also display it over time. Upon
>comparison of the discharge log with the template it would be possible to
>exactly rate the performance of the accu set and predict that an accu is
>about to die. Only the use of such an accurate tool could confirm the effect
>of reconditioning. Anything else is just guessing.
I probably won't do that. Idler does what it should. I'm satisfied with
it.
I only thought that there are some people with similar problems, so I
put it public.
Besides I wanted to dive into NDE programming. That was acomplished,
too.

Jochen