Re: [NTLK] OT Firewire connection

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 15:47:53 EDT

Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net) wrote:

> I seem to recall hearing somewhere that an iMac could be run in FireWire
> disk mode (i.e., like a PowerBook can), but I just did a quick look about
> this iMac and can't find anything to back that up.

As far as I know, _all_ current Macs support target disk mode, but I've
never actually tried this except with my iBook (which is all I have with
me at the moment). And yes, it's the "T" key that has to be pressed while
booting.

I'm not sure whether target disk mode will work between different
platforms, i.e. iMac and PC. For networking Mac and PC via FireWire you
need some third-party software -- visit http://www.unibrain.com (there's
a time-limited demo available, if I remember correctly).

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de