Re: [NTLK] OT- re- QTake200

From: Thomas Hofts (thofts_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:34:01 EDT

on 5/30/02 9:10 AM, L vRooy at ara_at_dwaf.pwv.gov.za wrote:

> Chris Searles wrote:
> --Hey, I bought a QucikTake 100 off of ebay for posting pictures to the web
> --and although not perfect they're not all that bad. (Especially when you
> --don't have enough money for a good digital camera.) I even had a couple
> --of the pictures printed out as 3x5s and both me and the guy at the camera
> --store were surprised how nice they turned out for a 640x320 resolution.
>
> Any idea what the QTake 200's resolution was? I have a chance to buy one.
>
> Les

The QuickTake 200 produces 24-bit VGA images at resolutions of up to 640 by
480 pixels in more than 16 million colors. I've had one for about 4
years..got it free when I bought my Powerbook 3400. Pretty decent for
natural light close-up photos. It's a real battery killer and goes through
lots of AA's. Be sure to get an AC adapter for the camera.

There is a conflict with QuickTime extensions so I've had to create a
special start-up extension set for loading pictures onto my Mac. Given the
price of new digital cameras, I wouldn't pay too much for the 200.

--
Tom