[NTLK] Newbie Convert from the Past.

From: Chris Edwards (chris_at_ingramedwards.com)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 23:59:00 EST

OK, here goes...

I used to be a Newton MP100 user. Then a MP120, then 130, then Palm
5000, Palm Pro, Visor Deluxe, Visor Edge now I have sold the Edge and
am back to paper. But I have started a collection of Newtons. So far I
have the MP100, 120 (1.3 OS), 120 (2.0 OS), 130 and 2000 all in the
boxes complete (If anyone has a 110 in the box complete let me know).

I want to start using either the 130 or 2000 to see how it fares these
days. I have played with the 130 and the HWR is pretty good actually. I
also want to sync to iCal, my address book, etc. on 10.2 and install
software on the Newton.. How can I do this? Is there anyway to do this
currently? I have seen mention of NewTen and another program. Do these
run native in OX 10?

Last question, can someone point me in the direction of a great
software library and how do I install. Is there a NCK that works Native
in 10.2 or do I have to use Classic? If I use Classic do I need any
extensions? I have a USB to Serial adaptor (Keyspan). Is there another
way?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html