Re: [NTLK] Newbie Convert from the Past.

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 00:28:19 EST

>OK, here goes...
>
>I used to be a Newton MP100 user.
>I want to start using either the 130 or 2000 to see how it fares these
>days. I have played with the 130 and the HWR is pretty good actually. I
>also want to sync to iCal, my address book, etc. on 10.2 and install
>software on the Newton.. How can I do this? Is there anyway to do this
>currently? I have seen mention of NewTen and another program. Do these
>run native in OX 10?
Just pay attention to the nSync thread on this list. Its being worked on
and an alpha version is available.

>Last question, can someone point me in the direction of a great
>software library and how do I install. Is there a NCK that works Native
>in 10.2 or do I have to use Classic? If I use Classic do I need any
>extensions? I have a USB to Serial adaptor (Keyspan). Is there another
>way?
All kinds of Newton software can be found on UNNA:
http://www.unna.org/unna/

All Mac software for the Newton is classic only. Specific extensions are
usually loaded via the installers into your Classic system folder. You
may need an additional extension for using serial, this was a recently
discussed thread. You can also use ethernet and WiFi with the right
hardware and software. Again, look in the archives for the discussions
on this topic.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html