Re: [NTLK] Questions About Batteries...

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 08:35:03 EST

Jose,

first I would invite you to have a look into the NTLK digest, there have
been a lot of threads about how to refurbish/reanimate the Newt batteries.
AFAIK "new" battery trays are sold in the U.S. only, but you have several
1) reanimate your battery according to the procedures described in the
digest
2) refurbish you battery pack with new batteries (if you are a hardware
freak)
3) get a battery tray via Ebay (you can put alkalines as well as NiMHs, but
you cannot charge them without modifying the tray)
4) get another used battery pack via Ebay and try your luck

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html