Re: [NTLK] Was it something I said

From: David Golden (ikondave599_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 23:40:34 EST

This is a highly localized delicacy, known primarily in Acadien
districts in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Given what I know about
Cajun cooking I would be amazed if people in Louisiana would want to
have anything to do with Rapure. I've been spending my summers in Nova
Scotia for many years yet the locals are still stunned by the fact that
my family and I are such ardent Rapure ( aka Rappie Pie ) aficionados.

FWIW, the expulsion of the Acadiens took place in 1755, but the
problems began in 1713 when the English took control of the Maritimes
and other areas of what was then called Eastern Canada. But enough
history...

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html