[NTLK] [OT] apple drive setup

From: scOtty Technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 04:39:57 EST

hello list,
i am pleased to have picked up a nice clean and custom-painted quadra 840av
for a handsome price, and it will handle my newts well no doubt. however i
am having trouble getting my 2gig seagate [st42340n i think] scsi disk set
up. Apple Drive Setup will not see it. fine, i hacked ADS with resedit and
now it shows an <not mounted> scsi device. when i execute the initialization
procedure, it fails. maybe i am missing some hack here? Apple System
Profiler sees the drive correctly, and Foreign File Access reads a dos
partition. so it's all there, but... no formatting joy. any ideas? this is
all under sys 7.5.3 rev 2. thanks and sorry about the [ot]

>>scotty technoir

ps: have a good SONUG meeting brothers and sisters, sorry to miss out yet
again. Peter, you will get that beer/coffee i owe you!!!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html