Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: Proof Jobs is an idiot

From: macotaku (macotaku_at_fastemailer.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 04:27:37 EST

OMG, what a stupid and non Newton related post...

I used to work at Apple and yes, they make their mistake, just like
every other company out there. Apple is still a very big player in the
personal computer market, yes, Apple makes PC's! Why people call wintel
boxes pc's and exclude Mac's always surprised me, you cant get a more
personal computer than a Mac :)

Some of the great things Apple made:
- the mac os, not bad that untill osx we were still using something they
coded in 1984! Must have been some good code to last that long!
- quicktime, started as a joke and almost saved Apple, Quicktime formed
the base of MPEG4
- computers that well build resulting in people using 10 year old kit in
daily use!
- newton, well, great tech that needed big investment, shame that Apple
gave the market away. The only reason why other companies make money is
because Apple tested and almost single handed created the market, I
heard rumours that Newton engineers are working in the iPod team so
maybe not all is lost :)

As for the SJ to SW commend... Apple needs a unreal guy with a reality
distortion field as it's leader, not a nice cute mad professor.

Gerard

PS
regarding that last commend, I'm a BIG fan of wozniak.

Dr. Faustus wrote:
Apple has shit canned every revolutionary product they have ever
released. Either that, or they've sat on their laurels until the
product was eclipsed by the industry. It still surprises me that they
haven't been absorbed by another company, or followed Commodore into the
ether. It's too bad to, because no other company has had such good
ideas. Apple really needed to be lead by Steve W. instead of Steve J.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html