Re: [NTLK] Generic AC adapter

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 04:22:31 EST

I guess that 4.5V is nominal. Here's the adapter I'm
using.
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3dcf74ed0817b64c273fc0a87f9c071f/Product/View/M9921
It gives a max of 4.8V on that page, so maybe the meter I am using was
dodgy, but I'll check it out under load tonight with the laboratory
meter. Of course I'd prefer to use a 6V adapter, but I have just moved to
Denmark, and am looking for an electronics supply shop. Farrell looks OK,
but make it expensive to use as a private customer.

Cheers,

Damien

At 10:07 11-11-2002 +0100, you wrote:

>This seems to be a contradiction: if you have a REGULATED power supply rated
>at 4.5 V I would expect to measure 4.5 V also and especially in no load
>condition ...
>Nevertheless I would recommend to use a supply voltage rather 6 V than 4.5
>V.
>It rather seems that your power supply still delivers above 4.5 V to the
>Newt, because I would expect that the Newt does not work properly anymore at
>4.5 V.
>
>Johannes
>
>SNIP
>
> > Just hope that the fridge/washing machine/oven/hot water system doesn't
> > switch off while you are using it. Or all at once! Regulated power
> > supplies are very cheap now, and you can test them easily. I'm running
> > mine on a 4.5V regulated supply that I had sitting around. It actually
> > applies around 5V_at_0A, and the plug fits perfectly. Backlight hums at a
> > lower freq than with the 7V laboratory adapter though. Is that
> > bad for it?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Damien
>

>--