[NTLK] Microsoft Tablet PC's designer

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien_at_leonardo.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 03:21:03 EST

        I'm on an extremely small and obscure mailing list (PWS,
which covers Swiki stuff...a Swiki is a Wiki-wiki written in Squeak).
Alan Kay, the godfather of Smalltalk, is also on the list, and he
had a very interesting comment the other day. Apparently the guy who
designed all the different models of Microsoft Tablet PC is Chuck
Thacker, who was the big hardware honcho at Xerox PARC when PARC
invented the personal computer. I think the Alto may be Thacker's,
but I'm not sure.

        The point is that Thacker is no dummy. The hardware design
of those things is probably quite good. Windows XP is another matter.

Mike O'Brien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html