Re: [NTLK] Microsoft Tablet PC's designer

From: Polenta Marco (Marco.Polenta_at_eurac.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 05:09:40 EST

> Anybody remember the GEM desktop or the GEOShell (or something like =
that)?=20
>=20
Yes, I remember GEOS. I ran it on my Commodore 64 (and it is the first =
reason why I'm a Mac User now). It had support for mouse, RAM expansion =
(and RAMdisk), Apple laser printers etc. Very cool, and much, much =
better than the "READY" prompt of the normal C64.
I've sold the whole thing (disk drive, RAM expansion, original software =
like GEOwrite and GEOpublish) as I bought my first Mac (it was an LC). =
As I said: I was so impressed by GEOS, that I decided that my first REAL =
computer should have been a Mac!

Marco
PS, and sorry for my terrible verbs declination...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html