Re: [NTLK] Microsoft Tablet PC's designer

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 10:38:06 EST

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 04:09 AM, Polenta Marco wrote:

>> Anybody remember the GEM desktop or the GEOShell (or something like =
> that)?=20
>> =20
> Yes, I remember GEOS. I ran it on my Commodore 64 (and it is the first
> =
> reason why I'm a Mac User now). It had support for mouse, RAM
> expansion =
> (and RAMdisk), Apple laser printers etc. Very cool, and much, much =
> better than the "READY" prompt of the normal C64.
> I've sold the whole thing (disk drive, RAM expansion, original
> software =
> like GEOwrite and GEOpublish) as I bought my first Mac (it was an LC).
> =
> As I said: I was so impressed by GEOS, that I decided that my first
> REAL =
> computer should have been a Mac!

Ah yes, GEOS! Never got a copy of my own, but I got to see it in use
and always wanted it. And GEOWorks of course! My first computer was a
Commodore 64. I just this year bought a complete working C64 system,
right down to the Commodore mouse. I would love to find a copy of GEOS
for it. Did you ever try Commodore's Magic Desk 1? That was the first
"desktop" (literally) environment that I ever used. I kept hoping that
they would release a Magic Desk 2 with a bit more functionality. Like
maybe have the phone icon dial the modem. That would have been cool.

John (tripping down memory lane)

"Got Newt!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html