Re: [NTLK] Amazing ...

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 08:51:05 EST

>Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:55:16 -0800
>From: Glen Warner <gdwarner_at_mindspring.com>

>I was thumbing through a college catalog that came in the mail a few
>months ago, and I found this:

What kind of college catalog?

>Organizational themes
>will be centered around the use of a Palm Personal Digital Assistant
>(PDA). Learn how to effectively use its calendar with alarms for
>meetings, medications, or anything else you want to remember.

Yes, that's just what I need the calendar to do! Remind me to take my
medication! You know, I have to take this very special medication
that aids me in forgetting to ever read the first-steps manuals for
whatever $500 device I buy. May it also remind me to take the
special medication that helps me to forget about for what reason I
bought this or that $500 device in the first place?

>an expense manager! We will also cover how to obtain and install both
>free and inexpensive third-party software applications for use in your
>PDA.

I *knew* there was a difference.

>Alas, this class started in September. If it weren't so prohibitively
>expensive ($365(!!) for 20 sessions, twice a week),

Again, please let me know about that catalog, this really gives me
the urge to resettle myself in the US and to make my fortune just
helping people. I want to do good! Help people understand those
essential problems in life, like where to plug-in the plug, why the
trash they keep in the kitchen never goes away, and why they always
get honked and screamed at when driving right on that helpful line on
the asphalt.
Inspiring!

>it might be
>most entertaining to go in there with an upgraded 2000 -- or even with
>a well stocked 130.

You might end up just like me in my economics-introduction-week on
campus (uh, years ago). We played on of those silly
getting-to-know-you games were you stand in the middle and say
something like "everyone with blue eyes change places!" and then all
the blue-eyed people have to change places but there is one seat
missing, and the person left without a seat remains in the middle to
continue. So I stood there, and as I was tired of seeing all the
people with hidden tattoos or piercings in strange places jump
around, I said "everyone using a Mac change places!". Nobody moved.
Frightening. Just puzzled stares. So I tried to help "You know, an
Apple-Computer! Those with an apple on them!". No go. I should have
gotten out of economics right that day, but took three semesters
instead.

It's a sick, sad world.

Oliver :)

--
"We Just Bought Congress. Switch To Windows. It's The Law."

www.appleturns.com