[NTLK] TCP/IP Dock-not even trying

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 14:25:06 EST

Hi All,

I got my nice new 3C589D ethernet card today, and put it in my newton. I
installed ETH2.0/card drivers/TCP dock needed on a friend's powerbook last
weekend. The newton pings the card on startup, and then it stays on for a
while. When I try to connect using TT's TCP dock, it goes through a rapid
cycle of waiting for response/establishing link/waiting for response/ and
then "Connection error"/"No link setup is defined" error boxes, even with
the card out of the Newton. It doesn't even activate the card lights,
indicating nothing's going on. The card works fine in two laptops, and
when I try appletalk from the newton over ethernet (when plugged into a
hub), the light goes off like a Danish Christmas. I stupidly didn't
install any other ethernet utilities apart from TCP dock so can't test them.

I've got DIL tester listening (I've checked with netstat -van), and have
tried with a few other ports. I've tried with both a tested crossover
cable, and through my hub/DHCP server/router/firewall black box. I'm
trying to connect via a 10/100 intel miniPCI on an IBM TP R31 with win2k
Pro. Any ideas or special tricks? I'm at my wits end.

Regards,

Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html