[NTLK] CrozzWord

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 08:16:15 EST

fyi. I figured the Newton community might like to hear of some recent good
news for me, even though for another platform ;-(

CrozzWord was recently awarded 1st place in
Entertainment/Educational/Multimedia category in
JPDA 2002 Application Developers Contest sponsored by Insignia Solutions,
HP, Intel, Metrowerks, Sharp, Softbank Publishing and Sun Microsystems.

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.112102/223252121&ticke
r=INSG

Info about Crozzword:
  http://www.kagi.com/weyer/z/crozzword.htm

the good news is that CrozzWord is in Java, so it will run on iPaq PocketPC
(in addition to Zaurus), and I may adapt for cell phones and other Java
devices. unfortunately, I don't think I'll be making it available on
Newton: Waba support is not complete enough, esp. networking; and I don't
think I could justify the effort of porting entirely to NewtonScript; and
there already is xWord Buddy; though if I find myself with extra time and
there were several dozen Newton users who'd likely register...

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com