Re: [NTLK] CrozzWord

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 13:17:38 EST

on 23/11/02 08:16, Steve Weyer at weyer_at_kagi.com wrote:

> fyi. I figured the Newton community might like to hear of some recent good
> news for me, even though for another platform ;-(
>
> CrozzWord was recently awarded 1st place in
> Entertainment/Educational/Multimedia category in
> JPDA 2002 Application Developers Contest sponsored by Insignia Solutions,
> HP, Intel, Metrowerks, Sharp, Softbank Publishing and Sun Microsystems.
>
> http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.112102/223252121&ticke
> r=INSG
>
> Info about Crozzword:
> http://www.kagi.com/weyer/z/crozzword.htm
>
> the good news is that CrozzWord is in Java, so it will run on iPaq PocketPC
> (in addition to Zaurus), and I may adapt for cell phones and other Java
> devices. unfortunately, I don't think I'll be making it available on
> Newton: Waba support is not complete enough, esp. networking; and I don't
> think I could justify the effort of porting entirely to NewtonScript; and
> there already is xWord Buddy; though if I find myself with extra time and
> there were several dozen Newton users who'd likely register...

Good job, Steve. Congratulations!

-Laurent.

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."